Over 30 years strategic experience with the California Coastal Commission and other state, federal and local government agencies affecting or regulating coastal, ocean and terrestrial lands and resources. Having worked on over 1,000 development projects ranging in size from inches to many miles, covering millions of acres, involving trails, single family homes, subdivisions, habitat conservation plans, resort and recreational development, golf courses, utility infrastructure development, public works plans, regulation and services including water, desalination, natural gas terminals, oil development, nuclear power plants, ports and harbor development and expansion, long range development plans, specific plans, environmental impact analysis and reports, regulation of ranch lands and agricultural property, as well as representation of corporate entities involved in coastal and surf recreation industry and nonprofit organizations dedicated to conservation of coastal resources and public shoreline access.
Long history of providing exceptional representation to a limited number of clients in order to provide an unparalleled level of experience for issues big and small, from single family development projects to the most high profile, complicated coastal development projects in California history.
If you have issues pertaining to any of the above, or have other creative land use or government consulting initiatives you would like to discuss with Mr. Massara, please feel free to contact us (highlight to contact page) for a free evaluation and discussion of your alternatives and opportunities.
- Camping & Recreation – El Capitan Canyon Resort
- Resort Golf & Open Space – Malibu Golf Course & Institute
- Private Retail and Housing Development
- Green Burial Cemetery Development
- Seawall and Shoreline Armoring, Public Access and Sea Rise Strategies
- Ranch Management, Planning & Agricultural Development
- Local Government and Quasi-governemnt entity Representation including Public Works Plans,
LCP Amendments and Long Range Development Plans
- Nonprofit Org. Representation
- 18 Years Director of Sierra Club’s California Coastal Programs
- 3 Years General Counsel of Surfrider Foundation
- Founder Surfers’ Environmental Alliance
- Founder Oceans4All
- Past member, Board of Directors, California Coastal Protection Network
- Past member, Board of Directors, Vote the Coast
- Past member, Advisory Board, Save the Waves
- Member, Board of Directors, California Coastwalk
- President, Board of Directors, California Coastwalk